Saturday, October 23, 2010

Monica and David

What a beautiful autumn day in South Carolina!  Still warm enough to sport a flimsy t-shirt, yet just cool enough to make my nipples perky.  Nice!

For those who might accuse me of constantly watching complete and utter trash on television, I'm happy to report that I began the day with a very interesting HBO documentary called "Monica and David".  The title characters, two individuals with Down syndrome, met at their adult skills program and subsequently fell in love.  This documentary follows their wedding and newlywed life.

I don't have any friends or family affected by Down syndrome, so I found the program very interesting.  It brought about many feelings and emotions---heartwarming, heartbreaking, funny, and sad.  All of which make me somewhat uncomfortable, but I still would highly recommend viewing.  It's only an hour of your life and provides a different perspective on life and love.

I then attempted to undo all intellectual and emotional progress by watching a repeat of Andy Cohen's "Watch What Happens Live" on Bravo.  This little fella and his reality-programming empire never cease to amaze me.  He's such a crazy-eyed little lush, and I have fantasies of watching him get into a drunken bitch-fight with Anderson Cooper.

I'm now ending the day by watching the Tennessee-Alabama game on ESPN.  South Carolina is playing Vanderbilt in Nashville, but the broadcast quality and commentary are pretty poor.  Even without my direct viewership support, I'm still confident that they can rebound from last week's loss and take the lead in the SEC East division.

No comments:

Post a Comment