Friday, October 22, 2010

Friday!

Happy Friday, loyal readers.  Especially my newest fans in South Africa!

After a fairly productive week, I left Charlotte late yesterday afternoon.  I made a quick stop in Columbia to have a quick bite to eat with Tonya.  It was a pleasant surprise to be able to catch up with her at our little Mexican restaurant.

Unfortunately, Ashley and little Jay-Z bailed on me.  Get well soon to my bro-in-law while he nurses his knee back to health.  Ashley IS a nurse, but I think a 3 week-old and a crippled husband are more than she signed up for right now.  Jay-Z will probably be half-grown by the time she gets to see me again.

Today was a fairly uneventful workday.  Pretty quiet for a Friday, and no fires to put out. Every day should be that way.

On a personal note, I did have a run-in with Mary the Feral Cat Feeder, who lives next door to me.  Apparently she thinks it's funny that she supports the wild feline population with Tender Vittles, and confessed that she has even given them names.

Mary---I'm tired of my doggies be taunted by evil cats, and having my shoulder pulled out of the socket when they try to bolt.   Tired of seeing them dig up cat turds, which are like little Tootsie Rolls to them.  Of hearing the meowing late at night from horny pussies.  Tired of no longer seeing birds and squirrels outside my window.

Furthermore, I'm tired of the little cat paw prints on top of my car.  I let you off easy when your senile self backed into my car and scraped my paint job.  I will NOT be so forgiving next time, as your little furry friends have been Dancing With the Stars all over my paint job.

So there's my argument, Mary, gauntlets have been thrown.  If you want to be an elderly cat lady, keep them inside.  This is war.  On you AND your pussies.

After that drama, of course I had to end the night with a trip to Long Point Grill.  I can't think of a better way to end the week.  Thanks always to the best waitresses in Charleston, Sally and Danielle.  See you guys next week.

It's 7:30 PM and I want to crawl into bed now.  I have no idea what I'll do this weekend, but I'll definitely be starting it out with a nice 12 hour sleep...

No comments:

Post a Comment