Monday, October 18, 2010

Greetings from Charlotte!

I arrived in beautiful Charlotte in record speed.  Traffic and weather were both on my side.  Thank you, Interstates 26 and 77 for making my drive tolerable. 

NPR definitely makes the drive more interesting.  Today I learned about the blister beetle, which is capable of secreting two chemicals which, when combined, make sulfuric acid.  Fancy.

Now that I've checked into the hotel, unpacked, and ironed my fashions, I can focus on my my opinions and observations.  It's Monday, and I'm just full of them.  Or something like that...
  • In tennis news, I'm happy to report that Andy Murray trounced Roger Federer 6-3 6-2 in Shanghai yesterday.  I'm not a huge Murray fan, but I'm even less of a Federer fan.  I do have a valid reason for despising him, but I'll save that story for a future post.
  • "Jerseylicious" was fantastic last night.  At least from what I remember.  Unfortunately, due to programming conflicts, I had to catch the 10 PM airing.  That always leaves me with suspect recollection.  However, from what I DO remember, the highlight of the show was around Tracey, Gigi, and The Tit Fairy participating in speed dating.  Always ready to create a scene, Alexa the Tit Fairy ended up watering a potential suitor.  Meanwhile, Olivia decided that it would be a great idea to go out with Tracey's ex.  A little bit of payback goes a long way.  Words and loogies were exchanged, but that's where I began to fade.  I'm going to have to catch a recap once I get back home.
  • 60 days until my cruise
  • 166 days until the Family Circle Cup tennis tournament.  Get ready, David.
  • The BCS standings were released today and Boise State was shown no respect.  Finally, something with which I agree!!!
  • I just read that the new Hoover Dam bypass bridge is now open.  Sharon, does this mean that our real estate in Kingman is finally ready to skyrocket?
Can't wait for my weekly dose of Hotlanta madness at 9 PM on Bravo...

No comments:

Post a Comment