Thursday, October 7, 2010

Random

I don't really have anything interesting to say, so this post will be like a "Seinfeld" episode---about nothing.

  • Friday cannot come soon enough.  Just when I think things cannot get any crazier, they do.  So I'm just going to cease with the expectations of normalcy.
  • Got an email from my tennis buddy today.  Traveling around the country, counting down the days until the Family Circle Cup tennis tournament, where we are volunteer drivers for the W.T.A. divas.  Six more months, David---and YOU'RE driving Dementieva this year.
  • I was officially rejected by Chick-fil-A yesterday.  At least by their franchise selection committee.  Apparently they have no desire the open franchises in the areas I specified.  At least that is what I'm telling myself.  Because I know it couldn't be me personally (not after my heartfelt essay answers I concocted for my application).  I thought maybe boycotting would be a suitable manner of protest, but that would really just be hurting me.  Oh well, at least I can say I tried, and cross that off of my list.
  • I cannot wait for my Friday night binge at Long Point Grill.  Buttermilk fried chicken breast, collard greens, and mashed potatoes.  Will undo all the good progress re:diet and exercise, but so worth it.  Sometimes being fat just seems worth it.
  • I'd like to give a big shout out to my readers in Argentina and the Netherlands!  I would say something in Spanish, but then I would feel bad about neglecting the Dutch.
  • Cool weather is finally here---had to turn on the heat last night.  I'll soon be longing for the 100 degree days.

Ok, I really am just rambling to take up space at this point.  I hope to have more entertaining thoughts tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment