Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Flipping Out

Season finales of "Flipping Out" always make me sad, and this season was no different.  Jeff Lewis and company always leave me wanting more.

By far the funniest moment of the night was Zoila's encounter with Monkey's asshole. 

For those of you unfamiliar with the show, Zoila is Jeff's English-language-challenged housekeeper.  Monkey is his cat.  Apparently, Monkey had some stomach issues, Zoila tried to clean it, and the touching of the asshole ensued.

Zoila really cracks me up.  I know it's not nice to make fun of people, but her thick accent combined with her willingness to stand up to Jeff provide much needed comic relief.  You can't help but feel for her.

Later in the episode, Jeff and the gang headed to New York City for the unveiling of Jeff's kitchen design showcase in Rockefeller Center.  It wouldn't be a complete episode without a hint of drama, which came from Jeff's initial decision not to take Jenny on the trip.  This of course did not occur, Jenny went on the trip, and they all lived happily ever after.

I really wish someone would come along and steal Jenny away from Jeff and his abuse/bullshit.  I'm sure we only see a partial glimpse of their relationship, but why she stays in this relationship is beyond me.  I think she may have a touch of battered woman syndrome.

Can't wait for the reunion show.

No comments:

Post a Comment