Saturday, October 2, 2010

Jay-Z


I left Charlotte yesterday afternoon and made the quick drive to Columbia to meet little Jay-Z for the first time.

Baby, Mom, and Dad are all doing fine.

Maybe I'm a little biased, but she is SERIOUSLY cute.  I was fully prepared to lie and pretend that was cute no matter what.  Because you just never know, sometimes babies are really funny looking, but you don't want to call it ugly.  To its face.

Luckily, this was not the case, and my integrity/honesty or whatever you wanna call it remains intact.

I think the little tater might have been giving me a bit of attitude.  The whole time I was there, she refused to open her eyes and look at me.  But I'm not stupid.  I know she was playing possum.  I called Ashley on the way home, and she said that after I left, Jay-Z was all wide-eyed and perky, looking at everything.  Hmph.  We'll see about this.

I think I might be a little in love with her though.  I'm already obsessed with knowing what she is up to.  I'm probably going to drive my sister nuts.  It will be a good thing when Jay-Z is old enough to talk on the phone with me.

Ooh, I almost forgot the best part of the story.  Maybe this is normal, but I'm not used to hospital protocol and operations.  After she was born, they put a nifty little ankle bracelet on her.  Not the flimsy little plastic thing from my generation.  This looked like a heavy duty sensor commonly found at the Gap, used to foil the shoplifting attempts of juvenile and older delinquents.  The nurse informed me that if I tried to run off with the baby, it would sound an alarm and she would tackle me before I made it out of the hospital.  (Challenge?)  Baby's first bling is really Baby LoJack!!!

In my head, I was thinking yeah, right lady, the only thing that would get your ass out of first gear would be if I had the baby in one arm and a bucket of KFC in the other.  Miraculously, that thought stayed IN my head for a change.  Yes, believe it or not, I do have a filter and use it on occasion.

Don't get used to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment