Sunday, November 21, 2010

Harry Potter

I was fully prepared to write a scathing review of "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1", but believe it or not, even I am wrong sometimes.

This movie kicks ass!  I was originally only seeing it out of a sense of obligation.  Afterall, it would be stupid to watch half a dozen films worth of foreplay and then suddenly tune out for the moneyshot.  I'd also grown tired of feeling like I was betraying my age and seeing a kiddie film with multi-millionaire child actors.

But for the first time, this actually almost had the look and feel of an adult film.  Even the central trio are coming into their own acting-wise.  I honestly had not expected to say that, but critique be damned.

I won't spoil the plot or major events, although I seem to be the only person in the world who has not read the books.  I will just say that there is one event near the end that left me devastated and near tears, and even angrier for feeling so.  Helena Bonham Carter, you Palin-esque bitch, you really have it coming!  And that's all I'm saying.

In other news, it's a lovely Charleston Sunday, 72 degrees and sunny.  I'm not very happy about Monday coming around so quickly, but the short holiday week will hopefully make things bearable.  I feel bad for my readers in other parts of the world who are not able to celebrate Thanksgiving.  I understand that Pilgrims are not a global concept, but being thankful for friends, family, and food should be.  Start celebrating today!

No comments:

Post a Comment