Saturday, November 20, 2010

Saturday

My efforts to sleep late on a Saturday were derailed this morning when I awoke at 5 am and could not get back to sleep.  Perhaps my body was revolting against being in my own bed.  Maybe it was my almost 40 year-old bladder betraying me.  Whatever the reason, I was pretty pissed off. 

The lack of quality television at that hour (infomercials galore) is shocking, but I had a blast from the past when I discovered "Addams Family Values" on HBO.  Christina Ricci and her Native American revolt against the Pilgrims at summer camp is still hilarious after all these years.

The rest of the day was pretty uneventful.  There weren't really any interesting football games scheduled.  The Gamecocks beat Troy by a pretty big margin, 69-24, but that outcome wasn't a huge surprise.  I'm just glad they didn't derail themselves in looking ahead to the Clemson game next weekend.  I can't wait for that one.

I just returned from my weekly meal at Long Point Grill.  I really should make that my last meal before Thanksgiving, or I will be mistaken for a Butterball turkey  At least I changed things up a big this week and had the Mac and Cheese.

I think I might go and see the latest Harry Potter flick tomorrow.  I'm really a bit over that series, but feel obligated since I've invested so much time in those films up to this point.  Then again, opening weekend might not be the wisest time.  I'd hate to be the oldest person in the theatre.  Arg.

I haven't bitched about Sarah Palin lately.  Still can't stand the slag, just in case anyone was wondering.

No comments:

Post a Comment