Sunday, November 7, 2010

Daylight Saving Time Ends...

I'm happy to report that I had a very restful sleep last night and do not have any disturbing dreams to share.  I attribute this to the extra hour gained from the end of Daylight Saving Time.  What a wonderful gift concocted by our forefathers.  Too bad that extra hour will be spent trying to remember how to reset the clocks in my kitchen, car, living room, etc.  Maybe I will just leave them until spring and perform the mathematical conversion in my head.

Wacky dreams aside, I did run across the following disturbing headline in the Post and Courier yesterday:

Palin gets high approval rating - The overwhelming majority of South Carolina Republicans approve of Sarah Palin, and to a lesser degree Mitt Romney.

WTF?  Does everyone understand why I have a love/hate relationship with my state?  What if this starts to spread across the country, in the manner of a sweeping influenza pandemic?  Honestly, I think I might have to leave.  Does this qualify as a good reason to seek political asylum?  If anyone knows if their country will accept me as a refugee, please email me.  I would like to make my plans well in advance of 2012.

In other South Carolina news, the Gamecocks really stunk it up versus Arkansas last night.  The joke is on the Razorbacks though, as they still have to go back and live in Arkansas.  Where I'm sure Sarah Palin is even more popular.

Overall, I'm very disappointed with how the football season is winding down for my team.  The SEC East is coming down to next weekend's showdown with Florida.  And honestly, things are looking good for the Gators.  I'll refrain from any further discussion so as not to jinx South Carolina.  Damned Chicken Curse.

To make matters worse, Clemson came back and beat North Carolina State.

So no more football for another week.  I do have "Dexter" to look forward to tonight, along with "The Real Housewives of Atlanta", which is moving from Monday night.  I can hardly contain my excitement.

That's about the only thing to be excited about---I'm not feeling very upbeat about the upcoming work week.  Can last week's chaos and never-ending stream of conference calls continue?  Can I make it 5 days until my Friday evening meal at Long Point Grill?  Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment