Monday, November 8, 2010

Sunday Slug

My entire Sunday afternoon was spent in a catatonic state on the couch watching TV.  From afternoon until bedtime.  I'm too embarrassed actually count the hours and say aloud.

I finally got around to watching the premiere episode of "The Walking Dead".  I actually thought it was quite good.  A bit slow at times, but necessary for background and buildup.  The scene where the deputy guy was in downtown Atlanta and trying to escape the zombies by crawling under a tank was the only thing that got me on my feet all afternoon.  Maybe by next weekend I will learn the character names.

I'm not sure if I'll continue watching this show as it's on AMC.  Luckily that's offered on Comcast On Demand, so there may be hope.

I've abandoned "Jerseylicious" for the past few weeks, but caught the episode where Alexa the Tit Fairy takes Olivia, Tracey, and Gigi to Houston for a Glam Fairy wedding.  Yes, I know it sounds ridiculous.  And it is.  But I still recommend watching this.  If only for the fact that there are grown women who go through life selling their services as "Glam Fairies".  I'm sure they'd be selling something no matter what.

Last night's episode of "Dexter" was excellent as always.  The latest revelation was that Angelina Jolie's first husband, playing the motivational speaker worshipped by the now-deceased Boyd, was part of the gang that tormented Lumen.  As it turns out, all of the bad guys were high school friends.

That's just weird.  I thought I grew up surrounded by strangeness, but my friends and I ran cross country and took Advanced Placement classes.  There was no kidnapping of blondes and placing them in barrels.  I guess I had a more normal childhood than I previously suspected.

There was more Santa Muerta drama, as the sting to catch the two brothers in da club resulted in a big shootout.  Deb popped a cap right in machete guy's head, so all was not lost.  LaGuerta is going to be in some hot water though.  Is my hood-speak convincing?

I still haven't figured out what's going to happen with her (LaGuerta), or creepy Irish nanny for that matter.  Creepy Irish nanny is leaving religious idols around the house to watch over Harrison.  Poor lady has no idea, that baby does not have genetics on his side, so it's going to take a lot more than that to keep him on the holy straight and narrow.

Thanks to the time change, I'm still a bit off-schedule, so I was unable to stay up for the Housewives at 10 pm.  It's just as well, I lost entirely too many braincells to television yesterday.  I'm sure I'll have dozens of opportunities to catch up as Bravo is notorious for repeat episodes.  Andy?

Peace out, homies.

No comments:

Post a Comment