Monday, January 10, 2011

Snow Day

I think I know what it must feel like to be a survivor during a zombie apocolypse.

I awoke this morning to find around 4 inches of snow covering the ground outside my hotel window.  Upon exiting the hotel, I discovered a world that was deserted and eerily quiet.  And freezing-ass cold.

Luckily, the distance from the hotel to my office is only one block, and with no traffic in sight, the short commute seemed simple.  After a flagrant jaywalking offense, I decided to take a shortcut through the covered protection of a parking garage.  About halfway through, silent alarms starting going off inside my head.

Had I learned nothing from my recent obsession with "The Walking Dead"?  This place seemed ripe for the sudden appearance of a zombie, or at minimum, belligerent homeless person.  I quickly made note of each and every exit, mentally calculating the probability that the door I chose would be locked, thus sealing my fate.

Needless to say, I made it out unscathed and to the warmth of my welcoming office tower.

The rest of the day was pretty uneventful.  Most of my coworkers declined to take their chances with driving, but there were a few of us to hold down the fort.

I'm now back at the hotel, ready to settle in for the BCS football game between Auburn and Oregon.  I'm not sure who to cheer for, Ducks or Cheaters.

On a more cheerful note, did I mention that supreme bitch Sarah Palin's dumb show will not be around for a second season?  They say it was her decision, but I think someone is finally getting clued in to the fact that most Americans do not give a shit about her dumb opinions.  At least those outside of South Carolina.

No comments:

Post a Comment