Friday, December 31, 2010

New Year's Eve

Happy New Year's Eve everyone!  And Happy New Year to all of my friends in Europe!

I had a nice day off from work.  I finally made it to see "Black Swan" and am sad to say that I don't see what all the fuss is about.  What a weird movie.  I love Natalie Portman, and she'll probably get heaps of awards, but seeing her with dimply poultry flesh and sprouting wings just did not do a lot for me.  I think they tried a bit too hard to take us on a psycho-sexual thrill-ride.

My other accomplishment for the day was to buy a new pair of running shoes.  My resolution for the upcoming year is to engage in at least 30 minutes of cardiovascular activity per day.  Even when it's raining.  That seems like an easier resolution to keep than being nice and cheerful to strangers.

I'm now watching South Carolina play Florida State in the Chick-fil-a Bowl (formerly Peach Bowl) in Atlanta.  It looks like it's going to be a long night for the Gamecocks, but it's still early.

I hope everyone has a great evening.  If you're out on the roads, please be safe and refrain from drinking and driving.

No comments:

Post a Comment