Sunday, December 19, 2010

Ain't We Got Fun?

Today was a "Fun Day at Sea" aboard the Carnival Liberty.

For those of you familiar with Carnival cruises, you are surely familiar with the concept of everything being fun, fun, fun.

Last night's show was 30 minutes of singing and dancing to every song containing the word "fun", ending in FunShip Freddy, the creepy smokestack mascot, hip-hop dancing.  I walked out.

Don't get me wrong, I love my vacations, and I love cruising, but I'd just assume drop-kick one of these fucking screaming toddlers overboard before I would participate in the feelgood activities like making teddy bears and playing Scattegories.  I have been enjoying the Bingo, but that's where I draw the line.

My FunShip activity of the day has been playing a game I invented, "Pregnant or Fat?"  To be quite honest, I'm probably not the actual inventor, but I'm sure I'm the first person playing it aboard this ship.  It's actually harder than it sounds, but I think I'm winning.

Tomorrow is a wonderful day in Cozumel, where I engage in parasailing.  I thought about running in "The Amazing Race Cozumel",again (especially since I remember all the clues).  But my gold medal would feel tainted, so I will be content with the bronze won on my last cruise.

No comments:

Post a Comment