Saturday, April 16, 2011

Saturday was a Scream

My favorite day of the week, Saturday, began with a familiar bi-weekly ritual.  I stepped out of the hacienda to be greeted by the pollen-covered mess pictured below.  Off for a quick vehicular soaking at the Wando Car Wash.


I then headed downtown to the barbershop.  Lisa D. did me right.  Here's an after pic of the newly cleaned car parked on Broad Street.  What a difference 7 quarters and 10 minutes can make.


Such early morning productivity deserved a Chick-fil-a chicken biscuit, as if I needed an excuse.

This afternoon, I went to see "Scream 4", the latest reminder that we all are getting old very quickly.  Cougar extraordinaire Courtney Cox and Neve Campbell are both looking a bit mature, not that I can talk.  The movie itself was just OK.  At this point, there's nothing scary about the franchise, not that there ever really was.  It's good for a few good startles, as well as chuckles, but that's about it.

I just finished laundry, but I don't have the heart to start packing for by trip tomorrow.  I'm much better at last minute suitcase stuffing anyhow.

No comments:

Post a Comment