Tuesday, February 22, 2011

New Zealand

I woke up this morning to the news about the earthquake in New Zealand.  Just for the record, New Zealand is by far my favorite destination ever visited.  Back when I was working in Australia, I took an extended weekend to visit, landing in Auckland and spending the night before traveling to Queenstown.  Spectacular!

After spending a few days at the Heritage, taking in the lakefront scenery, and bungy jumping, I traveled through the countryside, stopping at a couple of glaciers, until I finally reached Christchurch.

I hope all the Kiwis recover and rebuild quickly.  It truly is a remarkable place with friendly people, and I hope to return again very soon.

Back on the homefront, we continue to enjoy spring weather.  Again today I made it to the park for my lunchtime run.  It's supposed to be a little chillier tomorrow, in the 60's, but I will not be deterred.  I'm on a roll...

No comments:

Post a Comment