Saturday, May 21, 2011

Big Night Out

Hmmm, today started out slowly, but ended up very nicely.

I spent the better part of the day lounging around.  I was exhausted from this week.

I did manage to finally shower and venture out to meet Heather, Saskia, and Mark for dinner in Park Circle.  We all used to work together, and Heather, who now lives in Anderson, was in town for a conference.  We do not get together nearly enough, and I had a blast. 

We dined at Cork Bistro, and I was very excited to get a Croque Monsieur.  Felt like I was in Paris.  Heather gave me a book of Insults and Comebacks for my birthday.  That has to be the single best birthday present ever, and I cannot wait to study it and commit it all to memory.

Afterwards, we had a few beers at an Irish pub down the street.  That was a substitute for the karaoke fun we thought we were going to have.  Unfortunately, the people we heard singing outside of the Mexican restaurant next door were actually professionals, and unlikely to be open to sharing the stage.

Good times!  And we all survived The Rapture!

No comments:

Post a Comment