Saturday, June 11, 2011

Weekend Update

What a great Saturday!

The crappy part is that I woke up at 5:30 am.  On the bright side, I was able to pack in all sorts of fun and exciting activities.  Well honestly, maybe not too exciting, but I still made the most of the day.

As usual, I started out with a trip downtown to get my hairs cut.  I'm very happy to report that I was able to abstain from my usual chicken biscuits on the way home.  Chick-fil-a has probably issued an A.P.B. for me.

I managed to get in a nice run in the park before it became to hot, but just barely.  I think tomorrow I'm going to check out some of the work-outs on Comcast On-Demand.

I'm pretty pissed at the person responsible for the baseball scheduling this weekend.  Not only was there no Friday evening game, but I had to wait all day until 6 pm to see South Carolina open up the Super Regional series against UConn.  That's just cruel.  Fortunately, the Gamecocks prevailed with a 5-1 victory.

After a nice sushi dinner at Tokyo Bistro, I settled in for a night of at-home movie entertainment.  Don't laugh, but I watched "Letters to Juliet".  It wouldn't have been my first choice obviously, but the On-Demand options were rather limited.

What a sappy movie, although stories like that always make me think.  I'm pretty sure that I'm where I'm supposed to be in life, and I'm very happy with everything.  However, when looking back at all the critical decision points and choices, those made by me and those made for me, I just have to wonder...how many alternate paths and endings could my life possibly have.  It's really kind of fun to think about.

Just for a bit though.  No time to look back, only forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment