Saturday, June 18, 2011

Savannah

After I quick day at work yesterday, I finally made the 2 and a half hour drove down to Savannah, Georgia.  I think it's been at least 10 years since I've been here, and I didn't really recognize a thing.  It's old and historic, but not really at all like Charleston, at least on the surface.

My cousin arrived around 4:30 pm, so I was able to take a quick nap.  Good thing, because it was full-on fun from there.  We had a blast catching up.  Around 6 pm, my sister and her family arrived at the hotel, and we walked to the Crystal Beer Palace for dinner.  It was really nice and homey.  A good selection of food and TONS of beer.  It was an especially nice reward after being so diligent with diet and exercise all week.

After dinner, we came back up to the room and dove into old photo albums.  That's always a great source of entertainment, if only for the ghosts of hairstyles past.

I also had fun playing with my grand-niece, which mainly consisting of chasing down the hotel hallway and riding up and down the elevator.  I know---I've turned into one of THOSE people.  Ha!

Next stop on the whistle-stop tour: Sunset Beach.

No comments:

Post a Comment