Sunday, June 19, 2011

Sunset Beach


I'm finally back home after a whirlwind tour of the Southeastern United States.

My cousin and I left Savannah yesterday afternoon and made the drive up to my aunt and uncle's house in Sunset Beach, North Carolina.  Without going into the details, and to protect privacy, there was a lot going on with our family.  We did get to visit with our other two cousins, one of whom I haven't seen in decades.

The circumstances were a bit unusual, but it was still SO GOOD to see everyone.  It really made me realize how much you can miss those you grow up with.  Life always seems to get in the way, and everyone seems to go on there separate paths.  We've vowed to do a better job of getting together though, and I'm hopeful that we can all make that happen at least once a year.

Thanks for a great weekend to Trey, Dana, Alicia, Tres, and all their families.  I can't wait to see you all again soon.

Tomorrow I'm off the Philadelphia.  Back to reality.  Argh.

No comments:

Post a Comment