Saturday, October 27, 2012

Hurricane Sandy


After a long week in Charlotte, I finally returned home last night.

All in all, it was a good trip.  I had a great time connecting with colleagues, old and new, and ate more sushi in one week than I have in my entire lifetime.

I spent the majority of the week in the SouthPark office, but my boss and I ventured Uptown  Thursday morning, where we spent the rest of the week.  The Darton Group celebrated their fourth anniversary with a fantastic party Thursday evening!

I finally made it back to my new hotel, where I had the hugest room I've ever been given.  Dining room, shower big enough for 5 people, and a separate jacuzzi tub.  Too bad I was only there for a grand total of 7 hours.  The picture above is the view from my window.  Yep, that's the office.

I stopped by to see my parents on the way home, and stayed just long enough for a quick visit with my sister and niece.

Now home.  And what a rainy Saturday it is.  I just found out late this week that a hurricane is wreaking havoc on the East Coast of the United States.  We're getting rain all day, but the brunt of the storm will be felt up North.

So it looks like I'll have a good excuse to relax on the sofa, catching up on rest and football games.

Not a bad way to spend a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment