Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Glee Sucks

I know I run the risk of alienating a lot of my own friends with this post, but I'd just like to formally, once and for all, express my opinion on the phenom known as "Glee".

What's the big freaking deal?  Last night, while waiting for a more quality show ("Flipping Out") to begin, I channel surfed and accidentally landed in the middle of Glee's Britney Spears episode.  I would have rather landed a case of extreme diarrhea.

Simply put, all that singing is JUST NOT NATURAL and EXTREMELY IRRITATING.  Broadway is slightly more tolerable, in small doses, but it's Broadway, and such glee is to be expected.  This "Fame" rip-off ("we all go to the performing arts school and burst into random song in the middle of the hallways") is a bit excessive.  Yes, I know it's just a show, but it's still just way too much.  And why was their teacher/sponsor in the middle of the pack performing a routine at a pep rally?  With a high-pitched sissy voice?  No wonder he's having trouble getting his woman. 

Just way too many irritating elements to list here.  At least they have a resident-bitch character who tries to sabotage their best-laid plans.  Not that I care or anything.

I wish I could say that "Flipping Out" was more awesome, but after a stressful day, I do not remember too many of the details.  Jeff was mean to Sarah.  Big change.  Different week, different victim.  Still an a-hole, but still have to love him.  At least he's open and up-front about his evil ways.  Too bad the season is close to wrapping up....

No comments:

Post a Comment