Monday, September 27, 2010

Amazing Race

Well, my plans to watch the season premiere of "Dexter" were derailed by CBS and NFL football.  Because the game ran over, I had to make a Sophie's Choice between "Dexter" and the premiere of "The Amazing Race".  The race won out, only because I knew that I could always catch up on "Dexter" on-demand.  Hopefully before next Sunday's episode.

I used to think that I would be a perfect contestant for the race, but my meltdown in the Detroit airport last week debunked that theory.  Unless you've been in the position, you have no idea how stressful traveling is.  Not to mention throwing in challenges that involved getting whacked in the face with a watermelon.

I will leave it to the youngsters.  I am now realistic enough to admit that I could not handle the stress, and am not desperate enough for a challenge.

The episode was pretty entertaining though.  It's always fun to see the teams so "rah-rah-rah-i-can't-believe-we're-on-the-amazing-race" in the beginning, only to have the reality set in quickly.  I'm not sure if I have a clear favorite yet, but there are definitely a few easily-identifiable douches.

P.S.---Is it just me, or does Phil look about 10 years older since last season?  All those miles must be catching up with him.



1 comment:

  1. Who knew a watermelon to the face could be so much entertainment?

    ReplyDelete