Thursday, May 23, 2013

40

So this is 40.

I honestly cannot believe I arrived here so quickly, but here I am, another birthday, another decade.

I keep telling anyone who will listen that it's not the number that bothers me, it's the speed in which the time has flown by.  And I honestly believe that.

It feels like just yesterday I was stressing out over university classes, just barely out of my family home and high school.

But honestly, if I really think about all that I've done and experienced in the past twenty years, and the people I've met, I realize that I've been incredibly blessed.  And busy.

Moving to Atlanta.  Australia.  Traveling Europe.  Making friends across the United States and worldwide.

So Happy Birthday to me.  I'm looking forward to the next 20 years.  And this time I promise to slow down and appreciate the ride!

It doesn't hurt that I'm going to NYC tomorrow for the Memorial Day weekend.  That'll take the sting out of anything...

No comments:

Post a Comment