Monday, July 22, 2013

Florida Weather

So---

After my first full week of Florida residency, I am happy to report that I have already made numerous observations, the kind noticed by only a true local, which have led me to conclude the following.

The weather forecast here is quite possibly the least accurate of any place I've lived.

Every day, same forecast, scattered showers, chances of rain, blah, blah, blah.

Except the rain never comes.  Is it some sort of twisted mind game?

I suppose most people would be happy to avoid a summer downpour, but I honestly would like to avoid having to artificially water my lawn.  So I can't help but feel a bit deceived when the rain never come.

Can someone please explain to me if this is an intentional trick, or if perhaps the rain does hit some areas (hence the use of the word scattered)?  Maybe this has something to do with the weird peninsular geography of the state and the fact that it is surrounded by water on so many sides.

I guess I'm not that much of a local yet.  I'll report back next year, when maybe I'll have drawn more well-founded conclusions surrounding this sort of phenomena.

No comments:

Post a Comment